No matter how much space you have on your iPhone, it seems not enough. You can increase your available space on the iPhone and increase personal privacy at the same time.
Text messages may not seem like an area of data storage that would take up a lot of space. When you consider how many texts you have sent and how many people you have texted with, you can begin to understand how much space can be taken up by text. There is an easy solution to the text issue.
Most smart phones have the capability to remove unwanted data. This example will use the iPhone 6/6s as the example. There are three options to choose from: (Note: IOS updates may change these instructions slightly)
Delete Multiple Messages from iPhone 6/6s within the Messages App:
- Go to Messages app from the home screen.
- Tap “Edit” button on the top-left.
- Select the messages you want to delete.
- Click the Trash Can icon on the bottom-right to delete multiple message.
Delete a Specific Message of One Person from iPhone 6/6s:
- Enter the conversation that has the messages you want to delete.
- Tap and hold on a message until the menu pops up. Then tap More.
- Next to each message, a small circle will appear.
- Tap the circle next to the messages you want to delete, tap the Trash Can icon on the bottom-left to delete the individual messages.
Delete Old Messages from iPhone 6/6s in Settings App:
- Go to “Settings” app from the homepage.
- Go to “Messages”.
- Scroll down to “Message History”. There are three options: 30 Days, 1 Year, and Forever. You can choose to delete all messages older than 30 days, or all messages older than a year old.
- Confirm that you want to delete the old messages and attachments by clicking the “Delete” button.