If you are not getting your email as expected, there is a step to take that may resolve the issue. You can send email, but cannot figure out where the new email coming in is located. Passwords and settings seem to be correct or you have changed them recently and still get the same result.
To resolve this issue, go to your email account settings. No matter which service you are using, (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc), the same resolution should help. Look for Filters and remove all filters created, (Outlook uses Rules). You may not have created any filters, yet they are most likely responsible for the problem. Unwanted Filters are created by hackers, malware or scammers who had access to your system.
If you are having trouble finding your Filters, try searching for them within your email account. For example, for Gmail, follow these steps:
- Open Gmail.
- At the top right, click Settings See all settings.
- Click Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Find the filter you’d like to change.
- Click Edit or Delete to remove the filter. If you’re editing the filter, click Continue when you’re done editing.
- Click Update filter or OK.
You can search for the specific steps for all email services.