This can be one of the most frustrating issues with Microsoft Outlook. Outlook is running fine but when I try to attach a file to an email the process slows to a crawl. Frustrating!
How to Speed up Outlook When Attaching Files to E-Mail
- First, try to run Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Click Start and then Run, (Win7), or use Cortana, (Win10), and type Outlook /Safe and hit Enter. If necessary, choose your profile, (usually Outlook), and click Ok.
- Now try to attach a file in this mode.
- If it works fine then you will need to disable add-ins.
- To disable add-ins, restart Outlook in normal mode. Then click File, then Options. Then click the Trust Center and look for your add-ins. Click Com add-ins. Select the check boxes to clear the add-ins and try attaching the file again.